Northern Care works with and supports young people in ways that:
- Promote their rights and responsibilities.
- Help them to express their views and preferences about their health and well-being.
- Respects their diversity, differences, preferences and choice.
- Help them to identify goals and boundaries for acceptable behaviour.
- Assist them in managing challenging behaviour.
- Enable them to recognise and understand their behaviour and its consequences.
Our care is based on and around:
- The individual needs of the child, taking into account the child/family/community relationships.
- High standards, high expectations, common goals and respect for each individual.
- The need for all young people to be protected and stay safe.
- Allowing children to be brought up within an environment that understands their origins, cultures and religions.
Why is equality and diversity so important at Northern Care? Because every child is individual, not just on paper but in practice.
'They operate in a way which clearly recognises the uniqueness individual young people.' Ofsted